Hi my name is Lori…
I’m a mom, a wife and work outside the home. I’m 38 and face the same struggles that you do each day. I have dealt with adversity but most importantly I have overcome and accomplished MANY of my goals through self-accountability.
Why I Created MusselFit
Throughout my site you will notice weight loss success stories, testimonials, topics on weight loss, nutrition and fitness. What you may not know is the HISTORY behind WHY I began MusselFit and created the weight loss programs, fitness programs and the motivational tools that I share now.
Below this paragraph, well, that was me on the far left in 1999. At the time I wanted to burn this picture. I’m glad I didn’t now. A NEW mom, 30 lbs heavier than pre-pregnancy, thighs rubbing together, thick neck, depressed, hungry, grumpy, hormone fluctuations, carb addict – I was a stay-at-home mom and I made a LOT of excuses.
One day it hit me – if I was ever going to get back to my old self, I would need to stop allowing myself to make excuses. I did what I thought it would take to change things:
- I ATE A LOT OF FOOD- If I learned anything from the past; it was that fad diets and over-the-counter gimmicks don’t work! I ditched processed foods and opted for eating clean – lean proteins, veggies and carbohydrates high in fiber.
- I SHED BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS- Alright, maybe not blood, but there was lots of sweating and the occasional tear. I worked out hard for about 20-30 minutes a day, the same way my programs are designed for my clients.
It worked for me and that is what inspired me to begin MusselFit- I want to help YOU BE NEXT! Are YOU ready?
My certifications include:
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) – Certified Personal Trainer
- National Exercise Trainer’s Association (NETA) – Group Exercise Instructor
- American Fitness Professionals Association (AFPA) – Certified Nutrition Consultant & Certified Weight Management Consultant
- Balletone – MBA in Sole Synthesis
My biggest achievement other than my beautiful family was being chosen as the Grand Prize Winner in the Flab-to-Fab Challenge; a national transformation challenge sponsored by SAN Nutrition. I won some cash, a beautiful ring, free supplements and a trip to the 2012 Olympia in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Thank you for visiting my site, reading my blogs and checking out my programs. If you’re here, then you’ve made the decision to COMMIT to your OWN lifestyle transformation. I’d love to be a small part of it!
Want some extra TLC?
Working out is great, but if you really want results — you need daily support, motivation and a personalized plan to keep you on track. Join me and get the tools you need for success!